Open, extensible composition models by Ian Piumarta.
Did VPRI just enter the FEXPR game?
The evaluator corrects several semantic inadequacies of LISP (described by Stoyan ) and is metacircular (written in the language it evaluates). The language provides:
- lists and atomic values, including symbols
- primitive functions called SUBRs
- symbolic functions (closures) called EXPRs
- a FIXED object that encapsulates another applicable value and prevents argument evaluation
- predicates to discriminate between the above types
- built-in SUBRs to access the contents of these values
- a way to call the primitive behaviour of a SUBR
- a quotation mechanism to prevent evaluation of literals(my emphasis)
More later. HT @CraigOverend.